Sunday, December 4, 2011

Unbelievable

After watching this video, I was completely shocked. Not just by the idea of it, but the fact that I went to that middle school. This is my school district. Besides the content of the video, there are many things I think could have been better and I would have changed.
One thing I noticed right off of the bat, when the reported interviewed a few people at the local gas station, their names were not given. When this first came up, I thought, "Wait, who are these people and how are they connected to the situation?" Another thing I didn't like was the video they shot of students and "the inside of the school." Maybe it's just because I went to school there, but those shots are misleading. They were not taken in Brandon Middle School. Students there do not wear uniforms, and the area views are not the school at all. The last thing that I would have changed is at the end of the video she said she was reporting out of Pontiac. Pontiac is about 40 minutes away from Ortonville, making this video very misleading for viewers.

No comments: